Welcome to the Rights Cloud Community Portal

Start a new topic
Answered

API Endpoint Not Returning Data On Rights Asked For

Posting for archival purposes.

Question: I’m using the /assetclearance/answers/available endpoint in our FADEL connector. The user is presented a list of checkboxes with all their territories and use rights options and asked to make a selection. If the user was to select “Broadcast” it would automatically select all 4 children of Broadcast. When I pass all 5 of the rights ids into the endpoint, it will omit the parent Broadcast results from the returned Json. Why is this? Is there a configuration option I can set so the results will display all ids I ask it to check rights against?

Best Answer

The Clearance query logic is built to optimize selection and results.

If you send the parent node to the API, it means that the user would like to check all child nodes for that node. If all child nodes return the same result, the API will return that result on the parent node level. So you will only get back Broadcast with either green or red.

If you send the child nodes, then the API will return the results for each node individually even if they all share the same result.

So as a recommendation, if the user selects all nodes under Broadcast, it would more efficient to only send the Broadcast node in your parameters.

1 Comment

Answer

The Clearance query logic is built to optimize selection and results.

If you send the parent node to the API, it means that the user would like to check all child nodes for that node. If all child nodes return the same result, the API will return that result on the parent node level. So you will only get back Broadcast with either green or red.

If you send the child nodes, then the API will return the results for each node individually even if they all share the same result.

So as a recommendation, if the user selects all nodes under Broadcast, it would more efficient to only send the Broadcast node in your parameters.

Login or Signup to post a comment